The ECORD Facility Board (EFB) is the key planning forum for the mission-specific platform (MSP) expeditions operated by ECORD as part of IODP.
Tasks and Interactions
- Determining the operations schedule for mission-specific platform expeditions to implement high-priority science proposals forwarded by SEP and based upon science priorities, optimal geographic distribution and costs;
- Approving the expedition section of the Annual ECORD Plan, including MSP operations schedule, data management, publications, core curation and engineering and scientific technical development;
- Reviewing all aspects (science, operations, funding, outreach) related to the MSP expeditions in a year after their implementation;
- Advising on long-term planning of MSP expeditions;
- Issuing guidelines and best practices documents related to the implementation of MSP expeditions.
The EFB is composed of a Science Board, ECORD representatives and representatives from the US National Science Foundation (NSF) and the Japanese Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT).
The Science Board of the EFB consists of six leading scientists from any country funding IODP, namely three members from ECORD countries (including the EFB Chair), one US member, one non-US member from the JOIDES Resolution consortium and one Japanese member.
Members of the Science Board are nominated by the ECORD Council based on ESSAC recommendations to serve during three years.
The ECORD Facility Board meets once a year (>> reports).
More information about the mandate, tasks and membership of the EFB can be found in the ECORD Memorandum of Understanding.
|EFB Members – Science Board
|Gabriele Uenzelmann-Neben (Chair)||AWI, Bremerhaven, Germany|
|Gretchen Früh-Green||ETH Zurich, Switzerland|
|Gilles Lericolais||Ifremer, France|
|Ellen Thomas||Yale University, New Haven CT, USA|
|Yasuhiro Yamada||JAMSTEC, Japan|
|Fengping Wang||Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China|
|EFB Members – ECORD Vision Task Force|
|Eric Humler||ECORD Council Chair, France|
|Guido Lüniger||ECORD Council Vice-Chair, Germany|
|Michael Webb||ECORD Council Core Group, UK|
|Marco Sacchi||ECORD Council Core Group, Italy|
|Bernard Westerop||ECORD Council Core Group, Netherlands|
|Antony Morris||ESSAC Chair, UK|
|Gilbert Camoin||EMA Director, France|
|David McInroy||ESO Science Manager, UK|
|SEP||Sean Gulick, Lisa McNeill|
|EPSP||Barry Katz, Dieter Strack|
|JR Facility Board (JRFB)||Anthony Koppers|
|JR Science Operator (JRSO)||Bradford Clement / Mitch Malone|
|Chikyu IODP Board (CIB)||Yoshiyuki Tatsumi|
|IODP Forum||Dick Kroon|
|IODP Science Support Office||Holly Given|
|CAPES (Brazil)||Marcio de Castro Silva Filho|
|ANZIC (Australia-New Zealand)||Leanne Armand|
|KIGAM (South Korea)||Se Won Chang|
|IODP China||Shouting Tuo|
|MoES (India) / IODP India||Brijesh Bansal / Dhananjai Pandey|
|EFB Past Members (Science Board)
|Antonio Cattaneo||Ifremer, France|
|Gerald Dickens||Rice University, USA|
|Stephen Gallagher||University of Melbourne, Australia|
|Karsten Gohl||AWI, Bremerhaven, Germany|
|Fumio Inagaki||JAMSTEC, Japan|
|Marta Torres||Oregon State University, USA|
|Dominique Weis||University of British Columbia, Canada|