EXPEDITION 373 ANTARCTIC CENOZOIC PALEOCLIMATE
The proposal upon which this expedition is based was submitted as IODP Proposal 813-Full and Addendum 813-Add ‘Greenhouse to Icehouse Antarctic paleoclimate and ice history from George V Land and Adélie Land shelf sediments’.
- Postponed to 2019-2020 Antarctic season
- Expedition Project Manager: TBC
- Port: Hobart, Australia (provisional)
- Drillship: RVIB Nathaniel B. Palmer equipped with the British Geological Survey Rockdrill 2 (RD2).
EXPEDITION 377 ARCTIC OCEAN PALEOCEANOGRAPHY (ArcOP)
The overall goal of the proposed drilling campaign is the recovery of a continuous stratigraphic record of the long-term Cenozoic climate history of the central Arctic Ocean.
- Summer 2018 (offshore) & dates to be confirmed for the Onshore Science Party
- Expedition Project Manager: tbc
- Port: tbc
- Drillship: a tender will be issued in Summer 2017
EXPEDITION 381 CORINTH ACTIVE RIFT DEVELOPMENT
The MSP expedition to the Corinth Rift, based on IODP Proposal 879-Full, addresses several questions related to fault and rift structural evolution as well as surface processes in an active continental rift.
- Autumn-Winter 2017 (offshore) & February 2018 (Onshore Science Party)
- Expedition Project Manager: Gareth Carter (lead), Jeremy Everest
- Port: tbc
- Drillship: Fugro Synergy
EXPEDITION 364 CHICXULUB K-PG IMPACT CRATER
IODP Expedition 364, based on IODP Proposal 548-Full3 and Addendum 548-Add4, addresses several questions related to large impact crater formation on Earth and other planets, and the effects of large impacts on the Earth’s environment and ecology.
- 5 April-31 May 2016 (offshore) & 21 September-15 October 2016 (Onshore Science Party)
- Expedition Project Manager: Claire Mellett
- Port: Progreso, Mexico
- Drillship: L/B Myrtle.
EXPEDITION 357 ATLANTIS MASSIF SERPENTINIZATION AND LIFE EXPEDITION
Serpentinization is a fundamental process that controls rheology and geophysical properties of the oceanic lithosphere and has major consequences for heat flux, geochemical cycles and microbial activity in a wide variety of environments.
- 26 October–11 December 2015 (offshore) & 20 January-5 February 2016 (Onshore Science Party)
- Expedition Project Manager: Sophie Green, Carol Cotterill (offshore EPM).
- Port: Southampton, UK.
- Drillship: RRS James Cook carrying the BGS Rockdrill 2 and the MARUM-MeBo seafloor drills.
EXPEDITION 347 BALTIC SEA PALEOENVIRONMENT
The expedition was preceded by a Media Conference at the International Press Center in Copenhagen on 5 September. A media release was issued to coincide with the event.
- 12 September-1 November 2013 (offshore) & 22 January-20 February 2014 (Onshore Science Party)
- Expedition Project Manager: Carol Cotterill, Sophie Green (assistant EPM)
- Port: Kiel, Germany
- Drillship: Greatship Manisha