EXPEDITION 373 ANTARCTIC CENOZOIC PALEOCLIMATE
Expedition 373, based on Proposal 813, addresses questions about climatic changes – from greenhouse to icehouse (Eocene to Oligocene) – of the Antarctica as well as timing and environmental conditions of the ice sheets during the Oligocene.
- Expedition is postponed to winter 2020-2021 (offshore)
- Expedition Project Manager: tbd
- Port: tbd
- Drillship: tbd
EXPEDITION 377 ARCTIC OCEAN PALEOCEANOGRAPHY (ArcOP)
Expedition 377 ArcOP, based on Proposal 708, aims at recovering a continuous stratigraphic record of the long-term Cenozoic climate history of the central Arctic Ocean.
- Expedition is cancelled – potential rescheduling to be announced
- Expedition Project Managers: Sophie Green (lead) and Kirstin Johnson
- Port: tbc
- Drillship: tbc
EXPEDITION 381 CORINTH ACTIVE RIFT DEVELOPMENT
Expedition 381 to the Corinth Rift, based on IODP Proposal 879-Full, addresses several questions related to fault and rift structural evolution as well as surface processes in an active continental rift.
- 22 October-mid December 2017 (offshore) – Onshore Science Party is scheduled to start 31/1/2018
- Expedition Project Manager: Gareth Carter (lead) and Jeremy Everest
- Port: Corinth (Greece)
- Drillship: Fugro Synergy
EXPEDITION 364 CHICXULUB K-PG IMPACT CRATER
IODP Expedition 364, based on Proposal 548, addresses questions related to large impact crater formation on Earth and other planets, and the effects of large impacts on the Earth’s environment and ecology.
- 5 April-31 May 2016 (offshore) & 21 September-15 October 2016 (Onshore Science Party)
- Expedition Project Manager: (Claire Mellett) – Sophie Green and Gareth Carter
- Port: Progreso, Mexico
- Drillship: L/B Myrtle
EXPEDITION 357 ATLANTIS MASSIF SERPENTINIZATION AND LIFE
IODP Expedition 357, based on Proposal 758, addresses questions about serpentinization of rocks from the Earth’s mantle and its consequences for heat flux, geochemical cycles and microbial activity.
- 26 October–11 December 2015 (offshore) & 20 January-5 February 2016 (Onshore Science Party)
- Expedition Project Manager: Sophie Green, Carol Cotterill (offshore EPM).
- Port: Southampton, UK.
- Drillship: RRS James Cook carrying the BGS Rockdrill 2 and the MARUM-MeBo seafloor drills.
EXPEDITION 347 BALTIC SEA PALEOENVIRONMENT
IODP Expedition 347, based on Proposal 672, addresses questions about the environmental history and microbiological evolution of the Baltic Sea region over the last 140,000 years.
- 12 September-1 November 2013 (offshore) & 22 January-20 February 2014 (Onshore Science Party)
- Expedition Project Manager: Carol Cotterill (lead), Sophie Green
- Port: Kiel, Germany
- Drillship: Greatship Manisha