- Title: Atlantis Massif Serpentinization and Life
- Sites: M-01, AM-06, AM-11 as alternate. Upflow region associated with the Lost City Hydrothermal Field: recover sediments, hydrothermal deposits, fault surface & talc schist/serpentinite basement for petrological, chemical & microbiological analysis. Ideally, log and sample fluids.
AM-02, AM-03, AM-04, AM-05. Variations with age: recover sediments, fault surface & talc schist/ serpentinite basement for petrological, chemical & microbiological analysis.
AM-07, AM-08, AM-09, AM-10. Axis-parallel variations: recover sediments, fault surface & mafic basement for petrological, chemical & microbiological analysis.
- Dates: 26 October – 11 December 2015 (offshore) – 20 January – 5 February 2016 (Onshore Science Party
- Ports: Southampton, UK.
- Co-Chief Scientists: Prof. Gretchen Früh-Green (Marine Geology and Geochemistry, ETH Zurich) and Dr. Beth Orcutt (Senior Research Scientist and Geomicrobiologist, Bigelow Laboratory for Ocean Sciences, USA)
- Expedition Project Manager: Sophie Green. Carol Cotterill (offshore EPM).
- Expedition Participants: list
- Petrophysics Staff Scientist: Sally Morgan
- Drillship: RRS James Cook carrying the BGS Rockdrill 2 and the MARUM-MeBo seafloor drills.