The ECORD/ICDP MagellanPlus Workshop Series Programme aims to foster the development of new IODP/ICDP drilling projects, and invites scientists from ECORD/ICDP member countries to propose workshops for the elaboration of compelling drilling proposals.
MagellanPlus welcomes proposals for topical workshops aimed at generating MSP drilling proposals, either as stand-alone projects or as part of land-to-sea transects that integrate marine and continental coring. The submission of MSP drilling proposals that consider the possibility of in-kind contributions is encouraged. Scientific themes must be aligned with the Strategic Objectives defined in the 2050 Science Framework, i.e.:
– Earth’s Climate System
– Feedbacks in the Earth System
– Tipping Points in Earth’s History
– Global Cycles of Energy and Matter
– Natural Hazards Impacting Society
– The Oceanic Life Cycle of Tectonic Plates
– Habitability and Life on Earth (e.g., deep biosphere).
The contribution of the MagellanPlus Workshop Series will not exceed 15,000 € per workshop.
Call for MagellanPlus proposals – deadline: 15 January 2022
For further information, please visit to the MagellanPlus website.